6 clock hours for LPC/LMFT, LCSW & PhD
Increasing numbers of children are experiencing adverse childhood experiences in the early years of their life. Trauma alters the trajectory of children’s lives, impacting all developmental systems, including brain development, attachment, self-regulation, sensory processing, social skills and learning. This is a 8-part series, addressing key principles of a trauma responsive educational environment in elementary schools.
This is a eight-part series that includes:
- Part One: Introduction to Trauma Responsive Education
- Part Two: What is Trauma?
- Part Three: The Power of Rhythm
- Part Four: The Power of Relationships
- Part Five: Trauma as a Loss of Self
- Part Six: Creating a Soothing Environment
- Part Seven: Behavioral Control
- Part Eight: The Cognitive Impact of Trauma
Certificate Provided Upon Completion